Top Teams in Illinois
-Updated 1st of every month-
End of season rankings
Elite Top 30
- Peoria Central 31-2 Led by Shaun Livingston,
Lions won back-to-back Class AA state titles.
- Homewood-Flossmoor 31-3 Came up short in
championship game versus Peoria Central.
- West Aurora 32-2 Didn't get another chance to
play Peoria Central in championship game, but won third-place game.
- Carbondale 28-7 Justin Dentmon led Terriers to a
- Farragut 29-4 Ollie Bailey proved
unstoppable despite close loss to Peoria Central in quarterfinals.
- Simeon 26-5 Calvin Brock finishes eye-opening
season at Elite Eight in Peoria.
- Hoffman-Estates 30-3 Jonny Reibel proved why he
is a steal for Division II Rollins in leading team to state quarterfinals.
- Moline 28-3 Maroons advance to Elite Eight
again, before second-place H-F knocks them out in the quarterfinals.
- Belleville West 28-2 Carbondale had its number
and gave it their only losses of the season.
- Brother Rice 26-2 Knocked off by hot Simeon team
in the sectionals.
- Westinghouse 28-4 After winning the City title,
never were able to keep the momentum going.
- Thornton 21-9 Lost to Homewood-Flossmoor in
super-sectionals after giving the Vikings a loss in the last game of the
- Von Steuben 24-7 Advanced to super-sectionals
for second year in a row, but lost this time around -- to Farragut.
- East St. Louis 26-5 Fell to eventual
fourth-place finisher Carbondale in the super-sectionals.
- Rich Central 21-8 Weren't able to duplicate its
defeat of H-F in the playoffs, losing this year in the sectional finals.
- Hillcrest 25-4 Post-season run was cut short
quickly in tough sectional.
- Hyde Park 24-5 After a hot start to the season,
they almost ended equally impressive before they ran into Simeon.
- Pekin 26-7 Fell to eventual state champion
Peoria Central in the sectional finals.
- Leo 28-5 Class A state title winners led by
high-scoring Frank Clair.
- St. Joseph 23-6 Topped by Simeon in the
super-sectionals despite hot run toward the end of the year.
- Schaumburg 23-6 Hoffman-Estates had its number,
winning for the third time this season in the playoffs.
- Bloomington 24-4 Had season cut way too short in
regional championship by Champaign Central.
- Julian 22-8 Fell to Thornwood in tough
- Belleville Althoff 20-9 Four of its losses came to
- Glenbrook North 25-4 Schaumburg ruined their
dreams of getting to the Elite Eight two consecutive years.
- Prairie Ridge 29-3 Lost in super-sectional to
hot Moline team.
- Winnebago 31-2 Sophomore Devan Bawinkel along
with a host of seniors won second place in Class A.
- Quincy Notre Dame 30-4 Finished in third-place
in Class A after loss to eventual winner Leo.
- Evanston 23-5 Gordon Watt led this team to
unthinkable heights after the talented players that were lost to
- Civic Memorial 25-2 Had an overlooked season
with a young team that will be back stronger next year.
Rankings | Teams | Archives
H.S. Elite Forum | Contact | H.S. Elite PJ's
Copyright © 1999-2000
High School Elite, All rights reserved.